God’s love has just been on my heart for about a week now. Just the sheer amazingness of all that He sacrifices every single day. He opens Himself up to hurt just for us. There’s a song that states “7 times 70 times/I’ll do what it takes to make it right./I thought the pain was here to stay,/but forgiveness made a way.” Just the first two lines of this song has hit me hard as I’ve been thinking about God’s love and the forgiveness that comes right along with it. Do we really stop and consider how incredibly arrogant we are whenever he harbor anger and ill-will towards another one of God’s beloved creations? We preach God’s forgiveness and often fail to live it out in our lives. We all have people close to us who have failed us. I guarantee that as you read this you are thinking of someone who has hurt you recently.
People Fail.
People mess up.
People let us down.
But the ball is in our court. We can choose to forgive them, even when they don’t ask for it. Make it your daily prayer that you will live out God’s love and His forgiveness so that you may glorify Him with everything that you do, so that you may show the world just the small fraction of this great love that has the power to save.
No comments:
Post a Comment